Are you struggling with the rise in energy bills?

If you are struggling with rising energy bills and the cost of living then you can apply for our limited Emergency Fuel Fund.

Are you eligible?

The criteria to apply is as follows:

  • At least one years’ experience working in rail, and
  • A gross annual household income less than £40,000 and
  • Have less than £3,000.00 in capital if a single person, or less than £5,000.00 if a couple (including the value of any assets i.e. shares, second properties, land)


How do you apply?

If you are eligible, get in touch with our team today. 

Call 0345 241 2885 or email 

Further support

There are also several schemes and grants available from the Government and some energy companies to help with your heating and energy bills during the winter months.

The grants available from the Government:


Household Fund

The Household Support Fund helps to provide financially support families in need regarding food, energy bills and other winter essentials through a grant. The Household Support Fund can be applied for through your local council. For more information please visit your local council.


Scotland Child Winter Heating Assistance

A payment of £200.00 to help families with disabled children and young people with their increased energy bills over winter. If you receive the highest rate of the care component of Child Disability Payment or the highest rate of the care component of Disability Living Allowance for children or the enhanced daily living rate of Personal Independence Payment.

These grants are available through energy companies:

British Gas Energy Trust

A grant scheme set up for British Gas customers that are experiencing energy debts between
£250.00 and £750.00. To be eligible for this grant you must:

• Live in England, Scotland or Wales;
• You have not received a grant from the British gas Energy Trust within the last 2 years;
• You must be seeking a grant to clear an outstanding debt on a current or open gas,
electricity or dual fuel energy account in your name or be a member of that household, the
energy account must relate to your main residence;
• You have electric and/or gas debt;
• You do not have savings above £1,000; and
• You have received help from a money advice agency
• You must be in or facing Fuel Poverty

Scottish Power Hardship Fund

The Hardship Fund can help to reduce or clear energy debts of Scottish Power customers. You can apply for the fund if you receive Income Support, Job Seekers Allowance, Pension Credit or Employment and Support Allowance.

Ovo Energy Fund

A fund that helps financially vulnerable customers that have energy debts. To be eligible for this fund you must have, or used to have an Ovo account, have energy debt of at least £150.00, earn less than £16,190.00.

E.On Affordable Home Scheme

Receive a standard boiler for free, free cavity wall insulation and free loft insulation, if you meet the eligibility requirements.

E.On Energy Fund

The E.ON Energy Fund has been set up to help the most vulnerable existing or previous customers of E.ON Energy. The Fund can help pay current or final E.ON energy bill arrears to customers living in England, Scotland or Wales. It can also help E.ON customers by providing replacement household items such as cookers, fridges, fridge-freezers and washing machines – and also help to replace gas boilers.


If you need further support NEA may be able to help you understand your bills and check your eligibility for other government support schemes.