Family Support Fund
What is the Family Support Fund?
The RBF Family Support Fund is a small grants programme that provides support to railway staff with children where the annual gross household income does not exceed £30,000.
What can this do for me?
The fund will provide a small sum of money (up to £200) to support child and family related expenses such as:
- School trips
- Kids activities and clubs
- School uniforms
- Baby equipment
What are the Criteria?
- You must be a rail employee, including working in the supply chain
- You must be have at least one child who is under 18, for whom you are claiming Child Benefit
- Your annual gross household income must not exceed £30,000
- The item or activity that you are seeking support with is related to your family or child’s expenses
- The sum sought must be less than £200
- You must be able to provide evidence of the above
How do I apply?
You can simply apply by downloading the application form (link below) or contact a member of the RBF team on 0345 241 2885 (option 1) or email email@example.com
You will need to provide:
- Copy of you and your partners (if applicable) payslip as proof of rail employment and income
- Details and cost of support sought
If you are unsure of how the RBF can help you, please give our helpful team a call to talk things through - 0345 241 2885 (option 1).
All enquiries and our service are strictly confidential. Your colleagues or employers will not be told of any award or assistance provided. As a charitable gift any grant received will not affect your benefits.