What is the Grants Programme?
The grants that RBF provide are there to support rail families through tough times and can alleviate immediate financial hardship or fund support that will assist wider well-being.
What can this do for me?
If you are currently experiencing financial difficulties, our grants enable you to live your 'every day' life. To help overcome life events that may impact on your financial, family, mental and physical well-being and give you the ability to sustain your rail employment.
Unexpected life events or change in circumstances that can affect us all include:
- Illness an health issues
- Death and bereavement
- Relationship breakdown
- Domestic violence
- Family issues
- Unexpected expenditure
- Debt and money worries
- Changes to work patterns
All applications are offered a check of entitlements including benefits, government support, as well as other charities that may assist along with referrals and signposting to other services that can help. All advice will be bespoke to you.
What are the Criteria?
- You must be a rail employee, including working in the supply chain
- Have a minimum of 1 years railway employment
- You must have less than £6000 in capital if a single person, or less than £10,000 if a couple (including the value of any assets i.e. shares, second properties, land)
How do I apply?
You can simply apply by downloading the application form (link below) or contact a member of the RBF team on 0345 241 2885 (option 1) or email email@example.com
You will need to provide:
- Proof of income e.g. wage slip, benefit letters, bank statements (1 months)
- Proof of debts e.g. up to date creditor letter
- Relevant medical evidence e.g. a Doctor's letter, Occupational Therapist report
- Any other supporting documents
Find out more about the application process here.
Unfortunately, we are unable to assist with care home fees.
If you are unsure of how the RBF can help you, please give our helpful team a call to talk things through - 0345 241 2885 (option 1).
All enquiries and our service are strictly confidential. Your colleagues or employers will not be told of any award or assistance provided. As a charitable gift any grant received will not affect your benefits.