Become an RBF Friend
Our RBF Friends represent the Railway Benefit Fund in stations, depots and offices across the country, enabling us as a small charity to extend our reach across the UK. From Station Assistants to Signallers, and Ticket Retailers to Train Drivers – anyone working in the rail industry can become an RBF Friend and do their bit for the industry they love.
We depend on our network of dedicated Friends to act as our eyes and ears on the ground across organisations in the UK.
Kevin & Maria, Southeastern Friends
“Having been on the railway for almost 40 years between us and working with some incredibly kind and caring people we feel that the RBF is the ideal charity for rail staff to support. We became RBF Friends to show our support not just for the RBF but also for each and every member of rail staff, past or present.”
What does the role involve?
This voluntary role has one main focus – to help raise awareness of RBF and our services in the rail industry. We encourage Friends to dedicate at minimum 1 hour a month to fulfilling the requirements of the role, which may include:
- Referring any colleagues to us you think might need our help
- Distributing RBF materials and literature around stations, staff rooms and communal areas
- Sharing our campaigns and messages with your colleagues and internal HR and Comms teams
- Informing us of any events or wellbeing days that we can attend
- Organising and leading workplace fundraising initiatives
- Volunteering at RBF events
What will I receive?
Our Friends receive a welcome pack of RBF leaflets and branded goodies, a Super Star badge, regular email updates throughout the year, and the option to join our WhatsApp group.
We currently have over 100 Friends representing RBF across the UK. If you would like to join our fantastic team, register your interest below.